baby development

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Update {October}

I have seen the dietitian (nurse was unavailable) on my progress...numbers are low and I have lost 7 lbs. so far. For the most part, have felt so good that I have cooked and cleaned the house just about everyday. She decided that because my numbers are "high" (low 90's!) that she would take away 15 of the45 carbs I am allowed for breakfast and give me another snack in the morning (usually am close to 80 and not feeling too hot between breakfast and lunch). She's a whack and I will not comment any further "geno" (her way of saying do you know?...annoying).

Results from my A1C (blood sugar level for the last 3 months) test was: 5.6

Had my appt. today with Dr. Cooper. He was really pleased with what I have accomplished as far as the weight loss and actually sticking to the diet plan (some people can't/don't). Kind of got a little upset when we were talking about the dietitian and the diet plan...but that is part of how I need to manage the diabetes so Kaleb is born healthy. (If the option was there to stop the diet/monitoring, there is a risk that something could happen and the baby could be still born). My blood pressure and baby's heart beat were good. Belly measured 31 (was going into week 30 a few days later)- I had been measuring right on for every appt. except this one. Next appt. they will schedule an ultrasound to look at Kaleb's kidneys and they will also measure the size of the baby (part of having the diabetes). Next appt. will be in 3 weeks, then 2 weeks, then 2 after that and then we are possibly looking at delivering the following week (week 38)- I hope the baby decides to keep that schedule and not come early!!

Coming in the next couple of weeks, we need to purchase a crib and dresser...can't wait to get his half of the room ready.

No comments: