baby development

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Baby Update #2 {November}

Appt. went very well today. Mt BP was good; even lost 5 lbs.- how I have no idea! Followed up with Dr. on Kaleb's kidneys and they are clear (phew!). Blood test results came back on my second A1C and Dr. said that my average for the last month was better than most normal people who do not have a sugar problem (he basically came out and said that yes, we know that you really don't have a problem and commended me for sticking with the diet...something about I should be a poster child for people with gestational diabetes that sticks with the diet). Dr. checked heart beat, which was good; baby's head is way down.

And yes....WE ARE DILATED!!! About 1 CM, 50% effaced, -3 gestation. Before he checked me, he said that if I wasn't showing any signs of dilation/uterus thinning out, he would probably not induce me and have the chance of being in labor for a day or 2 or 3 and then wind up with a C-section. If I haven't had regular contractions by the time I am induced, he feels that once the regular contraction pattern begins, it won't be long before we have a baby. Can't wait!

Next appt. is Tuesday afternoon.

Feeling eh as far as things feeling like they are going to come out of places I don't want them to until I am in the hospital. Had a few contraction like pains after grocery shopping tonight.

4 More working days after tomorrow!

No comments: