baby development

Monday, November 27, 2006

NST # 10

Knew what time I had to leave the house to make it to DKH on time Saturday and totally messed it up in my head, so needless to say I was 15 minutes early- good thing..little belly ache requiring pit stop (actually have had them all weekend!). Nurse Linda (never had this one) had my belts out and a cup of ice cold water waiting for me! Kaleb's heart beat was a little fast, so they decided to keep me on the monitor a little longer, which was fine- I got to relax and read a magazine. Linda # 2 popped in and asked my how my holiday was (they are really a great group of nurses; she actually took care of Jakob right after he was born). Scheduled my next/last 2 appt.s for Tuesday (following Dr. appt.) and Friday.

This weekend was spent with a mix of relaxing (Friday, most of Saturday) and constant moving (Thursday/Sunday). I was able to sneak in one nap the 4 days I had off from work. Sunday was spent going through Jakob's room and doing some more organizing as well as unpacking/going through 6 totes of clothes (and also getting clothes ready to give away to the needy) to find the 0-3 months to be washed and to "know" where the 3-6 months were. Jake popped his head in a few times to check on me and told me to "call him when I have a plan together and he will come up!" (what a hoot!). Also put away approx 6 loads of wash and have my maternity clothes set aside that I am not wearing to get ready to pack (yes pack...JUST in case, but don't expect anything in the next 4-5 years!). So...I didn't stop for a rest until like 5 pm (included dishes, fetching coffee and paper too!); buy the time I did my back was killing me.
Now, there is one spot in the upstairs hallway, one spot in the kitchen, and the need to find a "home" for the boys books. Mom is taking care of cleaning the bassinet, so that will need to find its way here. Phew. You would have thought I slept pretty good last night, huh? Eh, no! Got like 3 hours of sleep- mostly in the morning close to when I had to wake up. I was actually pretty "comfortable" on one side or the other, just "uncomfortable when I had to "rotate" and I also just kept waking up.

Felt nauseas some of the weekend and today; issues with "belly aches" if you know what I mean (we will just say that my body seems to want to "flush" itself out. Have had little cramps here and there, mostly uncomfortable and feel like my water can break. Also feels like Kaleb is going to "claw" his way out...that is why I would prefer to lay down- don't feel it as much.

Tomorrow afternoon is my appt. with the doctor- maybe he will say "YOU ARE 6 CM...go to the birthing center!". We will see!

No comments: